Be part of a dedicated, professional team of educators
We are currently accepting applications for the following positions:
- Position: Educational Assistant, Contract Applications Due: August 24 | Interviews: August 26
- Position: On-Call Staff, TOC's & EA's - Applications Due: August 26 | Interviews: August 29
Elizabeth Buckley School is an independent K-5 elementary school located at the Cridge Centre for the Family in Victoria and 6-8 middle school located downtown Victoria in Nootka Court. We are Canada's first STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, math) school. Our program is based on hands-on, engaging, project-based learning. We offer a 21st-century model of education with a focus on thinking and problem solving. Our classrooms are inclusive and feature universal design for learning so that children with all learning styles and differences can be successful. Our school community is supportive and harmonious and our parents are an integral part of the school. Our staff works collaboratively as a cohesive team. We are looking for an education assistant to join the team this fall. Under the direction of a teacher and the supervision of the principal, the successful candidate will work directly with students to provide a wide range of academic assistance, monitoring behaviour and facilitating integration in the classroom and school environment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- grade 12 or equivalent education;
- community Support Worker/Education Assistant Program certificate or equivalent post-secondary courses in child development and behaviour management;
- autism training and experience;
- current First Aid and CPR courses or equivalent;
The ideal candidate should be able to cite examples of the following skills and experience in a related work setting:
- previous experience successfully working in a classroom setting supporting students with special needs;
- experience with implementing IEPs and Positive Behaviour Support Plans;
- flexibility, professionalism and resourcefulness in the work setting;
- effective written and oral communication skills including the ability to relate to students, staff, parents, professionals and other members of the public and to request and convey information in an appropriate manner;
- ability to maintain an effective professional working relationship within a multi-disciplinary team;
- broad knowledge of computers and related educational software packages;
- broad knowledge of cognitive styles and abilities and support requirements for learning;
- ability to supervise students in instructional and non-instructional activities;
- ability to provide advice, guidance, instruction and directions to students;
- ability to apply conflict resolution skills.
If you would like to be part of a school that is taking a leadership role in universal design for learning and STEAM education, please submit your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00 pm, Wednesday 24 August, 2016.
Your application package must include a cover letter, resume, and at least three professional references. Please submit the application as ONE pdf file. The file name should be YOUR_NAME. (Please do not title your file “Resume”). Interested candidates will need to be available on Friday 26 August for interviews.
EBS is currently accepting applications for on-call staff including teachers and education assistants. All applications for the list must include a resume, three professional references, and documentation of qualifications. EA applicants must provide a current criminal record check.
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com by 4:00pm, Friday 26, August 2016.
Please submit the application as ONE pdf file. The file name should be your FIRSTNAME_LASTNAME. (Please do not title your file “Resume”) The Elementary Vice-Principal will contact suitable applicants for a short interview. Interested candidates will need to be available on Monday 29 August for interviews.